View availability and book online via the buttons below...
GUEST TERMS & CONDITIONS
Reservations for accommodation by you (the guest) are accepted by us, (the property owners) upon the following terms and conditions:
Our Contract: A contract between you and us will come into existence when we receive payment in ‘cleared funds’ and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates selected. The contract binds you and all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms and conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the booking.
Terms of Booking & Booking Deposit: A deposit of 25% of the holiday price is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than 42 days (6 weeks) before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge. Any balance due must be paid to arrive no later than 42 days (6 weeks) before your arrival date. Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age. We reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
Cancellations by you: Any notice that you wish to cancel your stay with us must be in writing and sent via email from the same email address that was used to make the original booking.
You may cancel your booking at any time up to 2 days before your arrival date. Upon such cancellation, you may elect to either (a) receive a voucher equal to any accommodation payment received by us towards any future stay, or (b) receive a refund of any accommodation payment received by us payable on the date or your original departure date or earlier at our discretion.
If you cancel on the date of arrival or 1 day before your intended arrival date you will not be eligible for any refund on any payments made. For example, if you were due to arrive on Saturday, you could cancel the prior Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, but NOT on Friday or Saturday. In such circumstances, you remain liable for the full amount.
War, civil unrest, etc. You shall not be entitled to a refund if your cancellation is the result of war, civil war, invasion of foreign enemies, war-like activities (whether or not there is an actual declaration of war), rebellion, insurrection, civil commotion arising to the level of an uprising, military or usurped power; acts of terrorism committed for political, religious, ideological, or similar purposes; or actions intended to prevent any of the above.
Extras and ancillary charges not refundable. Any payments made by you for any additional extras (if applicable) including but not limited to, cleaning fees, catering, etc., consequential or ancillary charges incurred by us as a result of your booking including without limitation taxes, third-party payment processing fees, bank fees, or any other charges, shall not be refundable to you in any circumstances and shall be deducted from any refund payment made.
Cancellation by us: Your booking will not normally be canceled by us the property owners except in exceptional circumstances. Notification will be given for the cancellation as soon as possible. We reserve the right to cancel any booking in our absolute discretion and without reason at any time. In all circumstances of our cancellation, we will promptly refund all payments made by you to us and our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made by you to us.
Notification of Illness & Protection of Vulnerable: We live in a rural community where there are a high number of vulnerable people and theirs, ours and indeed your wellbeing is paramount to us. We take our responsibilities to our community, you, and our other guests very seriously. Accordingly, you agree to notify us immediately if within 14 days before your arrival, or during your stay with us, you or any member of your party has been feeling unwell (even if undiagnosed) with cold or flu-like symptoms or symptoms associated with COVID 19. You agree that in such circumstances if you have already commenced your stay you will return home as soon as possible to self-isolate. You also agree to return home at our request if we believe such circumstances exist and that your continued stay might impact the health safety and wellbeing of others. If returning at our request, we will refund you on a pro-rata basis any payments made by you to us for the accommodation for the number of nights by which your stay with us has been cut short less any applicable ‘Extras and ancillary charges’(see above) if applicable.
Guest Numbers: The number of persons using the selected accommodation at any time must not exceed the maximum number stipulated by us for the selected accommodation. You may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge, or use the accommodation for business purposes or entertainment event purposes without our express prior written consent. NO PERSONS MAY STAY AT THE ACCOMMODATION OTHER THAN THOSE COMPRISED IN THE ORIGINAL BOOKING PARTY. THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOUSE VENUE AND ANY PERSONS VISITING DURING YOUR STAY OTHER THAN THOSE IDENTIFIED AS THE ORIGINAL BOOKING PARTY MUST BE AGREED BY US IN ADVANCE. We reserve the right to immediately terminate the booking at any time without notice and without refund in the event of a breach of any of these conditions.
Owner Access: We or our representative reserve the right to enter the apartment at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
Arrival & Departure: The accommodation will be available on or after 4:00 PM on the date of your intended arrival unless otherwise agreed. Guests are required to vacate the accommodation by 11:00 AM on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
Cleaning: You are responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and a clean condition. Please note that the convention for holiday rental accommodation is that guests are expected to leave the property in a similar state to which they find it. We reserve the right to make a further additional charge to cover cleaning costs if you leave the property in an unacceptable condition.
No Smoking: Smoking anywhere on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to. Any damage or extra cleaning costs caused by smoking will be at your expense.
Pets: We live in a rural area and have livestock and chickens roaming freely. pets, and in particular dogs unfamiliar with their surroundings pose a potential risk to other animals and in particular our freely roaming poultry. Accordingly, no pets are allowed on the property or in the accommodation without our express prior written consent, and if granted, then upon such conditions as we shall advise.
If permission is granted, all pets must be well-behaved and should not be left unattended on any part of the property or in the accommodation during your stay. In particular pets:
- are not permitted in the bedrooms or on any furniture in the property;
- if damage or extra cleaning is caused by pets you the guest may be billed for that charge;
- pets must be kept on a lead except in areas designated by us and you shall ensure all gates identified to you by us are kept closed at all times to ensure pets don’t escape and cause a danger to other livestock;
- no garden is guaranteed as secure for dogs even if described as private or enclosed and therefore even when outside Pets should not be left unattended.
Any breach will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments; and
damage or extra cleaning caused by pets will be at your expense.
If you do wish to bring pets – and in particular dogs, then please contact us before booking so we can discuss the suitability of your pet for the accommodation.
Damage to property: Please treat the facilities and accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice damage to your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could replace them or advise us before you leave. We will inspect the accommodation following your departure and you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
Parking: Onsite parking is provided for all guests on the premises within the designated guest parking area. All parking is strictly at your own risk and we accept no liability for any damage caused to vehicles or loss of any contents. We advise that vehicles should be kept locked when unattended.
Security: While we live in a rural and safe location, we advise that you lock the doors and close the windows when you leave your accommodation unoccupied. Please note that if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
Internet: The Internet connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability. The Internet access provided is intended for general use such as access to the world wide web, email, messaging, social media, light video /music/media streaming. It is not intended or ideally suited for heavy media streaming, online gaming, extensive downloads/uploads. Access to illegal activity or use of our network for illegal activity is prohibited and will be reported to local authorities.
Liability: Every effort is made to ensure that all mechanical equipment, available for your use and comfort is well maintained and working. To the extent that any known fault exists that has been brought to our attention, we will advise you. We shall not, however, be liable for any defect, failure, or malfunction of any equipment including plumbing, electricity, Internet, machinery and/or appliances in the building, grounds, or hot tub, howsoever arising, nor for any material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by such failure.
Children: The accommodation is in a rural area with rivers, livestock, and farming activities. Accordingly, the accommodation and surrounding area and grounds are not child friendly. Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times to ensure their safety and advised to keep clear of any hazards on the premises including the River Stour adjoining the property. The supervision of children, babies, dogs, and any adults requiring care remains your responsibility at all times.
Nuisance: The accommodation is adjacent to other holiday accommodation occupied by other guests who, like yourselves have come to enjoy the peace and relaxation offered. You agree that you and each member of your party will be considerate of all other guests and property owners and will refrain from any activities likely to adversely impinge on others' privacy, peace, and quiet enjoyment of their accommodation. Where in our opinion, the behaviour of yourself or any guest in your party is impairing such peaceful enjoyment, comfort, or the health of other guests or property owners then we reserve the right to immediately terminate your holiday without compensation.
Complaints: Any problem or complaint which you may have concerning your holiday, or the accommodation must be immediately reported directly to us or our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us or our representative at the time and only reported after you have returned from holiday will not be considered by us.
Lost Property: Any lost property, if discovered and found, left behind by you or your party during your stay will be held for 1 month. While we will make reasonable efforts to reunite lost property with their owners, we accept no responsibility for replacing lost items and encourage guests to ensure they have all their belongings before checking out. We may offer to post lost items via recorded delivery at your cost, otherwise, collection can be arranged.
Waiver: The failure of us to enforce or exercise, at any time or for any period of time, any term of, or any right under this agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as a waiver of such term or right.
Severability: If any provision of this agreement shall be declared by any court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, void, or unenforceable, the other provisions shall not be affected but shall remain in full force and effect.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction: This contract shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. You the guest and we the property owner agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts and agree that the contract made between you and us is made at our premises and that any proceedings or disputes between us shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to us.
Miscellaneous: We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice. This accommodation is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to peacefully enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
HOT TUB DISCLAIMER & SAFETY RULES
We understand that having a hot tub is a special touch to your holiday experience. We want you to have a pleasurable experience relaxing and enjoying the company of friends and family. For your (and your guests, safety), it is essential however to understand and adhere to the advice and guidelines for proper use as outlined below:
- We take no responsibility for any accident, injury, or health issue resulting from the use of the hot tub.
- Hot tub cleanliness is paramount. For your safety, the water must be kept clean as failure to do so results in the water balance changing which seriously diminishes the effectiveness of the sanitising chemicals. We check the chemical balance of the tub periodically to monitor the levels of micro bacteria. Water balance/chemicals will be adjusted as necessary. This procedure is a safety requirement for hot tubs in holiday properties and ensures that the chemical balance of the water remains continuously safe for your enjoyment throughout your stay.
- If upon inspection the hot tub is found to be dirty due to misuse, it may be necessary for us to empty the hot tub and switch it off. We reserve the right to turn the hot tub off for the remainder of your stay. If you wish to have the hot tub cleaned and refilled, this will incur an additional cost of £100. Please be aware that it can take up to 24 hours for the pool to reheat.
- Only guests whose names have been provided on your booking are permitted to use the hot tub.
- Please note the maximum capacity for the hot tub is six persons.
If the hot tub needs to be shut down, cleaned, and refilled you will incur a cost of £100.
DO NOT USE - OR PERMIT USE OF THE HOT TUB IF…
- People have infectious diseases.
- Alcohol, drugs, or medication have been taken before or are being taken during its use – unless in the case of medication, permitted after consultation with a doctor.
- Any person is pregnant, obese, have heart conditions, blood pressure problems, circulatory problems, skin conditions, or diabetes. In all such cases, a doctor should be consulted before using the hot tub.
- The use of the hot tub immediately follows strenuous exercise.
- Any of the following symptoms appear including, failure to perceive impending hazard, failure to perceive heat, failure to recognise the need to leave the hot tub, disorientation, or unconsciousness. Prolonged use of the hot tub can lead to hyperthermia. This is a dangerous condition when the internal body temperature exceeds 37 degrees.
THE FOLLOWING IS NOT PERMITTED
- Pets in the hot tub.
- Use of drinking glasses – unless plastic which is provided in the accommodation.
- Single bather use (one person alone in the tub) or sleeping in it. This can lead to drowning.
- Drinking the water or allowing the water to enter your mouth.
- NEVER allow children under 5 in the hot tub.
- In the interest of the peace and quiet of other guests, use is not permitted after 10:00 PM.
Enjoy the hot tub but remember - Please be considerate and treat the tub as if it were your own as maintenance is expensive. Any damage to the hot tub, the cover, cover lifting arm, and handles will be charged for.
GUIDELINES FOR PROPER USE OF HOT TUB
The hot tub has been provided for you to enjoy in comfort. However, there are guidelines for the proper use of the hot tub that must be adhered to by all guests. This is an important health and safety legal requirement for hot tubs used in a commercial environment. You must adhere to the guidelines set out below. Failure to do so could result in injury or death and we accept no liability, due to loss or injury as a result of inappropriate behaviour, or misuse whilst in or around the confines of the hot tub.
There are a few simple rules to follow so you can enjoy the tub throughout your stay.
- Guests must shower and use the toilet before entering the hot tub.
- Fake tan will stain and dirty the hot tub, requiring us to empty the hot tub and switch it off. This will incur a cost to you.
- Please remember to close the hot tub cover after use.
- Do not use any soaps or detergents of any type in the hot tub, this will result in it having to be shut down, emptied, and refilled. This will incur a cost. Appropriate swimwear should be worn at all times, naked bathing is not permitted
- The hot tub is quite deep so for caution, there should always be a minimum of 2 people in the hot tub in case of an emergency.
- Test the water with your hand before entering to make sure it is a comfortable temperature. Guests should never submerge their head in the water.
- Hot tub water is not suitable to be in or near your mouth and should never be consumed. It is your responsibility to instruct any children of this advice.
- Do not jump into the hot tub, nor stand on or jump on the lid.
- Be aware that surfaces in and around the hot tub may be slippery with water or ice.
FOOD & DRINK
- Never take glass into the hot tub, plastic glasses are provided.
- Any glass broken in or around the tub needs to be reported immediately.
CHILDREN & PREGNANCY
- The risk to children – Extreme caution must be exercised to prevent unauthorized access by underage children.
- The hot tub cover must remain closed at all times unless a responsible adult is present.
- No children under 5 years old are permitted in the tub, as they cannot regulate their body temperatures suitably.
- Instruct your children to shower and visit the lavatory before the use of the tub and inform them to keep their heads out of the water (especially mouth and ears).
- Use extreme caution with all children wishing to use the hot tub, they are prone to overheating and this can be very dangerous. ALL children under 16 MUST be supervised at all times.
- ONLY use the control panel buttons shown to you on entry.
- Never remove the operating panel, the suction fitting, etc. from the hot tub.
REMOVING AND REPLACING THE COVER
- There are 4 clips to hold the hot tub lid on. You will be shown on entry to the cottage and how to open and shut the tub. Do not attempt to forcibly pull the lid or its clips.
- Always strap the lid down and clip all 4 clips back when you leave the tub.
- Failure to do so may end up with the lid being blown off and can damage the lid and its supporting arms – costly to repair and you are liable for the cost.
Please report any illnesses following Hot tub usage to us immediately. This is extremely important if pneumonia-like symptoms are experienced.
We have prepared this Hot Tub Disclaimer, for all guests staying in our properties ‘HAMMOON MANOR BARN’, ‘THE WALLED GARDEN’ & the ‘APPLEYARD’ accommodation
Please download, print, sign and return to us via email in advance of your stay
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
To enable us to monitor the usage of our website and the success of our marketing, we use Google Analytics, which uses a variety of cookies. These are used to track visitors and collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
We are also a member of Premier Cottages Limited, a professional collective of independent luxury cottage owners. Premier Cottages promotes our properties on our behalf as well as other luxury cottages. As members of Premier Cottages, we would like to give them your information so that they can contact you about quality properties that you might like. You may unsubscribe from this service at any time
This policy (together with any other documents we refer to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who we are
“We” or “us” means “our site” - the website you are currently viewing.
If you wish to contact us, please visit our contact page.
By contacting us, using our services or visiting our website, which is owned and controlled by us (“our site”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy unless you inform us otherwise.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, financial information; personal description; dietary requirements; medical conditions; allergies; dependants' personal information, next of kin details, employment status/history.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type, and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you from third parties such as online travel agents or booking engines. When that data is collected from you, you should be informed by those third parties at that stage that it may be shared internally by us and combined with data collected from multiple sources.
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
[We also receive information about you from cookies. [For more information about cookies, please view our Cookies Policy.
We also receive information about you from cookies.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information to:
- notify you about changes to our service;
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Where you have indicated to us that you are happy for us to do so, we may also use this information to:
- provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or receive from us; and
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please leave the relevant box blank situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Information we collect about you.
Examples of how we will use this information includes (but is not limited) to;
- administer our services, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so;
- keep our services, site, and premises safe and secure;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of our service.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with the information you give to us and the information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we can share your personal information with:
- our suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them to allow us to provide services to you, and only where they are under a duty to deal with your personal data in accordance with the law; and
- anonymously, with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site or business.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will ask for your permission before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you have given us permission to disclose information about you to a third party, you may revoke that permission at any time by contacting us.
You have the right (subject to certain restrictions) to request any of the following; we ask that you send such requests to our contact details as listed above:
- Access – to access all the personal data we hold about you;
- Erasure – that we erase all personal data we hold about you, if that data is no longer being used for the purposes you have consented to or if you revoke your consent;
- Portability – to copy or transfer the personal data we hold about you to another party.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will not store your data for any longer than is necessary. If you are a user of our services, then your information will be held for as long as you continue to use our services.
If you cease to use our services, your personal data will be anonymised for statistical purposes shortly after you stop using our services.